Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rain checks Mumbai city..

One day of the monsoon and the spectre of 26/7 returned to haunt Mumbai. One person died and at least 17 were injured in the first spell of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.There was endless chaos resulting from water-logging, train delays, traffic jams, power cuts, and mobile network failures.

Things which scare me is that last year deadly monsoon which takes the nearly 1000 of lifes.This time Water-logging is recorded in at least 20 places across the city, especially along the Western and Eastern Express Highways, at Marol Naka, Jogeshwari, Bandra, Goregaon, Malad, and Santa Cruz. Commuters suffered as Central and Western Railway services crumbled. Central Railway came to a complete halt after lightning struck an overhead cable. There were minor accidents with BEST buses as well.

Yesterday evening I was waiting in the office for a while because of this rain.eventho' I love to get wet in the rain, my fr'd was with me. so i was waiting for him.;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home